To the most wonderful grandparents in the world,
Words cannot express the gratitude I have for you both. I
wouldn’t be who I am today without you. I’m so beyond grateful for your
example. You truly show the pure love of Christ, to our family, even to those
around you. I have learned the gift of obedience and love through you both. I
have seen you go through trials that you have handled with utter grace.
Regardless of what is going on with your life you always are there for me and
show me that you care. That is a very strong quality in you both, and something
I truly want to acquire.
Grandpa, I have the fondest memories with you. I have a lot
of my hobbies and interests because of the fun Saturday’s we would spend
together. I watch you ‘create’ projects around your house to help others
whether that’s a neighbor, Dave, Gary, or even us grandchildren. I see the love
you have for life and for your family, and the joy your family brings to you. I
admire your love for the gospel and your knowledge of its teachings. Whenever
you speak of the gospel, you have an amazing mantel that you are able to
profoundly teach and testify. I am grateful that you have always been such an
amazing patriarch of our wonderful family. You are always there if I need a
blessing and I love that you are worthy and willing to hold the priesthood.
Grandma, I so admire your grace, poise and diligence. I love
the tea parties at your house, you always made me feel like I was a princess. I
am so grateful for your example throughout my life. You have shown me such a
compassionate love. You are there for everyone, all the time. Even if you are
sick and hurting, you always put others above yourself and never ask for
anything in return. You have showed me the true meaning of service. I admire
the relationships that you have with your friends, I’ve never heard you speak
ill words about anyone, especially them. You admire your friends and glean
wisdom from them, that in and of itself speaks wonders. You have a beautiful
way of carrying yourself, through trials through struggles you maintain a
beautiful poise that is the true meaning of grace. You work harder than anyone
I know, but with little praise. You put your family first and through your
example I hope to be a wife and mother like you.
I am so grateful for the wonderful son that you have raised,
he is the most wonderful father I could have ever asked for, I couldn’t imagine
my life without him. He has been everything this girl needed in a dad. I thank
you for starting our wonderful family and raising four awesome men the way that
you have. Thank you for being everything you are and more. I love you so much!
Hailee Skye

No comments:
Post a Comment