Saturday, December 10, 2016

Jamie's Memories

 

 
 
I remember having the best Christmases out in Vernal.  I remember taking around some presents to needy people.  One year we took something out to a house out in the middle of nowhere.  Spooky old house and I had to go drop it off and ring the bell and run off,  One of the scariest things I remember doing.  Another year I remember dropping off some presents to a poor family in a trailer park.  These memories shaped my fondness for Christmas and taught me to think of others.

 I also remember a time when I had got into a fight out in the field by our house with Kris M.  Spencer R. was there helping Chris to take me on.  I remember they had some girl friends with them when he challenged me.  I was scared but fought back when he attacked me.  All of a sudden I heard my Dad yelling at me.  I thought he would certainly come get me and really get mad at me.  What he said will always stay with me.  He yelled, "Jamie, knock his lights out and when you are done come in for dinner!"  That was awesome.  I knew my Dad had my back when he could have really got mad at me.  I'm sure he was worried about me and wanted to step in, but he didn't.  I learned the importance of family loyalty and that sometimes as a parent, you need to let your kids go through hard things to allow them to grow, even though you could step in and make it easy for them.

One last memory was when we decided to move to Orem.  I was a sophomore and my Dad had told me that he had got a job in Orem and we were going to move.  This really upset me and I said some mean things to my parents that night.  I had also heard the news that he was leaving Vernal Junior High to go to Orem on the radio news later that night,  The school board had been notified.  I was so upset and scared and I let my parents know that using some harsh words.  I didn't sleep at all that night.  The next morning at 6:00 a.m.my Dad came in my room and told me that everything was a done deal, but if it was really going to upset me that bad, that he would go back and ask for his job back.  This was a great display of true love and I recognized it.  We moved to Orem that summer and I always look back on my Dad being willing to give up a career decision to help his kids if needed.  Both my Mom and Dad did so many things like this for me and my brothers as we grew up.  I still remember most of it and will always appreciate it.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment