Saturday, December 10, 2016

Princess Jamie Remembers

 

 

John and Darolyne,

Let me start this letter by saying how blessed I feel to be a Childs.  I remember the first time that I met you two- I was so nervous and of course John did not make it easy on me.  But I never blamed you for that!  You could not let just anyone marry the amazing son that you had raised and you had to see if I had the potential to someday be worthy of him.  Thankfully you graciously welcomed me into the family and I am so grateful that you did. 

I feel so blessed to learn from your examples.  Darolyne, you teach me how to be kind and selfless.  You are always so willing to help others and I have been lucky to be the recipient of that help so many times.  I am reminded of when I had the opportunity to join Joey in Amsterdam and you so willingly agreed to watch the kids for me.  I got to experience a once in a lifetime trip and not worry for a second that the kids were taken care of.  And to top it all off, I came home to an immaculate house.  You make me want to follow your example and give others the opportunity to make memories.  John, you are such an example of quiet strength.  You are not one to say much but when you do it means the world.  Kind of reminds me of someone else that I love!  I remember a life changing conversation we had shortly after Luke was born.  You encouraged me with love and firmness to work through a difficult situation.  You helped me to glimpse the bigger picture and I am eternally grateful. 

One of my greatest memories with you both came on one of my hardest days.  I know that we have experienced a lot of fear with four of the births of our children, but one birth stands out when I think of you guys.  When Gray was born I remember you both coming to the hospital the day after.  John and Joey left to go give Gray a priesthood blessing.  Darolyne and I got to sit and chat which helped to take my mind off the stress of the current situation.  I remember John walking back into the room and saying “He’s going to be ok.”  I will never forget the peace that came with this statement.  I was so grateful then and continue to be grateful for both of your testimonies and love of the Gospel.  

 I have so many great memories of spending time with you both in St. George, hiking, family dinners, being spoiled at Christmas, great conversations with John when he was in a talking mood, garage sales, and many other amazing moments.  I feel so blessed to be part of your family.  You both are like parents to me and I am so thankful for your love.

                                                                                                           

                                                                                                            Love you both,

                                                                                                                   Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment